Re: [EXIM] Exim startup problems on SGI

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: David Osborne
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim startup problems on SGI
Just a follow-up to my question of 30th June:

> Exim 1.92 on three SGI machines: an Onyx and Indy running IRIX 6.2, and an O2
> running 6.3. Exim installed OK but when run, doesn't get further than this:
>
> > bin/exim -C configure -d99 -bt
> Exim version 1.92 debug level set to 99
> probably ndbm
>
> It doesn't crash but keeps doing something, or at least waiting for something.

Running exim under "par", which is the SGI equivalent of trace/truss, showed
exim doing its initialisation, then only system scheduling activity
thereafter, which seemed to show the process priority degrading from about 60
to 100 and alternately joining and leaving the runq. It looks like the
process is being made runnable then not runnable repeatedly at intervals of
about 5ms, and is presumably not getting a chance to do anything. Therefore
it isn't an exim problem. I think we'll take this up with Silicon Graphics
support.

--
David Osborne                         david.osborne@???
Academic Computing Services     phone/voicemail: +44 (0)115 951 3397