Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Haber
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998, Marc Haber wrote:

> Majordomo delivers its mail by calling /bin/mail, hence generating an
> unqualified sender address, hence precluding the usage of
> qualify_preserve_domain.

Can the command to deliver mail be tailored? If you could change it to

exim -f <sender address>

you could set the sender address as you like, provided you make the uid
that majordomo runs under one of Exim's trusted users (by setting
trusted_users).

> So $sender_address can be evaluated in rewriting rules? That surely is
> good news, I will try it this afternoon.

Yes, but (as I pointed out in another message) there is a potential
problem if you are trying to rewrite the sender address...

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714