Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Haber
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] exim, subdomains, qualify_domain and majordomo
On Thu, 2 Jul 1998 10:01:37 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>OK, so I didn't understand the question. :-) [I don't know anything
>about majordomo, but it seems very odd if it can't generate qualified
>addresses. Anybody else on the list care to comment?]

majordomo - in its default configuration - generates unqualified
addresses. While it relies on the MTA's alias file capability, it is
possible to tweak it into using qualified addresses but that breaks
most automated maintenance tools.

>> What I think I need is a rewrite rule like
>>
>> $1    \
>>  "${if eq {$sender}{majordomo} \
>>   {$1@???}{$1@???}} flags

>> Would that work?
>
>That certainly won't work, since sender addresses in Exim are always
>fully qualified as soon as they are received.
>
>I'm still not sure I understand the question. Is it that majordomo is
>generating an unqualified *sender* address, or an unqualified
>*recipient* address? (I previously thought it was the alias file that
>contained unqualified addresses.)

Majordomo delivers its mail by calling /bin/mail, hence generating an
unqualified sender address, hence precluding the usage of
qualify_preserve_domain. And it also delivers unqualified addresses if
one follows its installation instructions to the letter. You can have
it deliver to qualified addresses if you explicitly write qualified
addresses into the alias file (actually that is what I am doing at the
moment) but that requires additional documentation.

Since I am currently trying to talk my ISP into installing exim, I
need to provide a configuration that does not need special attention
to tweak other software into cooperating with exim.

>In either case, you could probably find some rewriting rule that helped.
>Something along the lines of
>
>*@*  "${if eq{$sender_address}{majordomo@$qualify_domain}\
>      {$1@???} fail}" flags

So $sender_address can be evaluated in rewriting rules? That surely is
good news, I will try it this afternoon.

>Note the "fail". You don't want to do any rewriting of any other
>addresses.

Noted :-)

Greetings
Marc