RE: [EXIM] Future development

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: John Horne
Para: exim-users
Assunto: RE: [EXIM] Future development
On 24-Jun-98 at 13:31:05 Philip Hazel wrote:
> 2. I am beginning to feel that the time has come to try to wind down the
> rate of development. Exim can do what most people want now, and I don't
> want to go on adding esoteric special features for ever. There are over
> 200 items on the various "wish lists" I've kept, of varying sizes and
> various ages. I don't really have a feel for how important any of them
> are to the Exim community. If anyone on this list feels strongly that a
> certain feature is missing, perhaps they could post to the list, and
> people could argue over the importance (or otherwise) of it. I'll attach
> below the changes that have been made since the 1.929 alpha release so
> you all know the current base point.

What's on the wish list(s)? Can we see it/them?

> 3. What I would like to do after 2.00 is released is spend time working
> on introductory documentation. I have a couple of chapters written, but
> there is plenty more to do. An FAQ is also needed. Obviously there are
> likely to be bug fixes required for 2.00 and there wouldn't be a
> complete moratorium on development, but I'd want to keep it to a minimum
> for a while.

Sounds fine to me. The documentation is an important part of the whole
product, and a plus mark for exim in that respect; it obviously requires the
development to slow down whilst you bring it up todate.

John.

John Horne                                     E-mail: J.Horne@???
Academic and Information Services              Phone :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233911
University of Plymouth, UK                     Fax   :  +44 (0) 1752 - 233919