Re: [EXIM] MX Loop

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jochen Topf
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] MX Loop
On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 03:43:08PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 1998, Jochen Topf wrote:
>
> > - Lookup MXes in DNS
> > - If one of the MXes is in a configured list of hosts, ignore this MX, only
> > use the other MXes
>
> That doesn't make sense to me. You have
>
> example.de     MX  1 mail.example.de
> example.de     MX  2 mx.mydomain.de

> and you are running on the host mx.mydomain.de. A standard MX lookup
> will return just the host mail.example.de, since it automatically throws
> away the local host and any lower priority MX. I can't reconcile that
> with your statement of ignoring a specific MX...

Ok. The problem is that I was speaking about an option to be used in the
config of the smarthost, while you are talking about an option to be used
in the config on mx.mydomain.de.

Your solution would mean that mails don't use the smarthost, if there is
a MX record with higher priority. That defeats the purpose of the smarthost,
so I would prefer to send the mails to the smart host and then send it on.

jochen