Re: R: [EXIM] Quota on maildirs

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jochen Topf
Para: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: R: [EXIM] Quota on maildirs
On Tue, Jun 23, 1998 at 03:10:36PM +0100, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> What do you do when they exceed the quota then ?
> Possible sensible answer: accept the mail, increase the quota and
> stick it on their bill.
> (If you dump their mail because they are over quota, they will hassle you).

Mail stays in the exim spool for a while. Normally that is enough. We have
been doing that for quite a while now and the customers accept it. I am
thinking of putting a small mail in their folder telling them to delete
mails.

> It might be better to use a dedicated machine and make these people
> into users. Otherwise you are moving towards putting the operating system
> inside exim.

It *is* a dedicated machine. Users in /etc/passwd is not a good idea. It
doesn't scale. Linear search with a couple thousend users is to slow.
One could use a BSD style .db file as passwd or something like that. But
you can have only 2^15 or something UIDs, which is not much. And you get
in all sorts of problems with UIDs, like permissions when changing a
username and moving files about, etc. Its *much* less hassle to have only
one user.

jochen