Re: [EXIM] Automated Response from Hotmail Customer Service …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
A: djc
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Automated Response from Hotmail Customer Service (fwd)
On Thu, Jun 18, 1998 at 06:18:36PM -0400,
Dave C. <djc@???> is thought to have said:

> On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Marc Haber wrote:
> >
> > That is IMHO not a good idea since it will prevent people with a
> > hotmail address that are _not_ using the Hotmail SMTP server from
> > sending mail to your site because the X-Originating-IP won't be
> > present.
> >
> > This can for example be the case for hotmail users that cannot make
> > outgoing SMTP connections.
>

> Hotmail is a WWW-based email system, they do not need to use SMTP
> gateways. All mail that is legitimately from a hotmail.com address will
> come from the hotmail service.

You misunderstand, I think. Marc is saying that this penalizes users who
want to send mail via their favorite SMTP client with their ISP/work
account but set the return infomation to their Hotmail account (although
why anyone would *want* to do this, is beyond me :)

Tabor

Tabor J. Wells                                          twells@???
Shore.Net Systems Admin.     Just another victim of the ambient morality