Re: [EXIM] texinfo files for 1.90

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sean Witham
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] texinfo files for 1.90
On Mon, 15 Jun 1998, Sean Witham wrote:

> Has anyone had problems with the texinfo files for exim-1.90
> documataion tar.
>
> I obtained the following error when I tried to process the the
>
> Making info file `spec.info' from `spec.texinfo'.
> ./spec.texinfo:1562: `-' has an Up field of `Command line options',
> but `Command line options' has no menu item for `-'.
> ./spec.texinfo:1570: Menu reference to nonexistent node `--'.
>
> The other two texinfo files seem to work fine. Could some explain what
> maight have casued this error ? I don't actually know anything about
> texinfo and this is my first attempt to use it.

Unfortunately, I know very little about texinfo either; I hacked up a
Perl script to convert the documentation sources into texinfo format in
a semi-blind manner. It did work correctly for me, but texinfo has
several nasty gotchas in the way it makes certain characters special
that keep catching me out. I have just re-checked, using texinfo 3.1,
and it didn't complain. Line 1562 of spec.texinfo should be

@node Command line options, , Trusted and admin users, The Exim command line

with no mention of "-", and line 1570 should be

* --::

which refers to line 1655

@node --, -bd, Command line options, Command line options

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,