[EXIM] Forcing a sender..

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dave C.
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [EXIM] Forcing a sender..

Does anyone have any idea how I can force a specific sender for
messages generated locally, if exim is being called with a
specific EGID, regardless of the EUID?

Specifically, all CGI scripts run under a specific EGID on this server
I want all CGI-generated email to have an envlope sender of "<>". I'd
also like to force the "From:" header to something like

From: "Your WWW form at http://xxx.xxx.xxx/xxx" :;

My motivations for doing that are, one, to prevent email being sent
from arbitrary unverifiable addresses, and two, to prevent prevent
bounces from CGI-generated email from darkening the postmaster mailbox
(I just want them dropped in the bitbucket - the usernames on this
server don't correspond to email addresses anywhere)

I'll note this box also server as an SMTP relay, so this header/sender
modification should not apply to any mail received from a remote
host...

I can't think of any way to do this, but I'm hoping someone has some
idea..

David J. Chiodo \ Microwave Systems  \ Campbell Network Systems
 <djc@???> <davec@???>  \ 820 Monroe NW Ste 411
  Domain Administrator <dns@???>   \ Grand Rapids  MI 49503
   Customer Support <support@???>   \ 616-774-3131 <info@???>
Fax 616-774-3933    Tollfree 1-888-694-INET    http://www.cns.net