Re: [EXIM] Email address validation

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Manar Hussain
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Email address validation
>However, for systems without local mail addresses, you would do better to
>just resolve the DNS for the given domain and see if there is a valid MX
>or an A record (could drop the A record checks if you are being strict).
>The great thing about perl is there are all these modules to help you with
>this sort of thing:-
>  - The domain part of an address can be extracted using the Mail::Address
>    module from the MailTools package
>  - MX lookups can be done using the Net::DNS package

>I guess a Mail::Check module building on these 2 modules would be of the
>order of 30 lines of actual perl plus whatever sugar you wish to apply (ie
>documentation). Why not take it up with the modules co-ordinator, and
>when you have finished upload it to PAUSE/CPAN.

Not too hard, as you suggest. Would be happy enough to chase down info on
the DNS outside of exim but I've yet to find a really good email syntax
checker. he idea that it's syntactically correct as far as a given decent
MTA is concerned is an appealing one. Maybe I just need to dig a little
harder for a perl module that does that well - most of the ones we've found
/ written don't cope with these oddball and obscure address we seem to wind
up having to deal with.

Manar