Re: [EXIM] variable expanding in the alias files?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: grin
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] variable expanding in the alias files?
On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > I have read the spec.txt about aliases (chapter 22) and seen the examples
> > there. My line was a result of the example in 22.3. (And a fulltext search
> > of the spec.txt after alias-like constructs.)
>
> Thank you for pointing that out. I should make it clear there that it is
> necessary to set "expand" for that example. My mind was on duplicate
> addresses at the time I wrote it...

I think it is the hardest thing to create a good documentation. I must
comment that Exim have _excellent_ one. Most of the questions of mine
never reach the list because it can be solved from the dox. The hypertext
style doc (I use tkinfo facility only for exim dox ;)) is very handy.

I had sendmail once and I remember that it has a documentation as well,
but it hardly ever helped.

bye,
grin