Re: [EXIM] variable expanding in the alias files?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: grin
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] variable expanding in the alias files?
On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > (Maybe example configuration should contain it as a commented out example
> > at aliasfile, coz the documentation's examples use expansions
> > everywhere.)
>
> ... but only in the Exim configuration file.

I have read the spec.txt about aliases (chapter 22) and seen the examples
there. My line was a result of the example in 22.3. (And a fulltext search
of the spec.txt after alias-like constructs.)

> There is no assumption that
> the contents of auxiliary files referenced from this - e.g. alias files
> - are expanded is there? I wouldn't have thought this was a very common
> requirement, which is why I'm a bit loath to clutter up the default
> configuration with it.

It is allright, was just an idea to consider. I will watch out more
closely the defaults from now on. :)

thanks,
grin