Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports
[ On Fri, May 29, 1998 at 14:31:34 (+0200), Peter Gervai wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports
>
> But there are many CLUEFUL admins (I count myself as one) sending in
> reports and those reports got severely delayed or dropped because the high
> load their processing requires at the abuse@ address.

I can only submit that your proposal will only cause further delays as
admins will be forced to request original copies of the headers and then
again take the time to re-interpret those headers, thus wasting both the
submitters original effort at filling out the form and the time it might
take for the original headers to be delivered. Any "interpretaion"
implies loss of information. Even as a clue-full postmaster I wouldn't
trust myself to interpret things in exaclty the same way you might,
esp. since you might have other log entries which can give you a more
complete view of the transaction audit trail. The *best* thing I can
possibly do for you as the admin of the originating site is to provide
you with full and complete original headers with my complaint.

If reports are being severely delayed or dropped because they admins
handling them are unable to interpret headers directly, then no amount
of pre-processing will ever help them -- they are hopelessly lost from
the get go. The only way to speed them up is to train them in the
proper interpretation of headers and log file entries.

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <woods@???>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@???>