Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Gervai
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Temas antiguos: Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC
Temas nuevos: Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports * CORRECTION
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] OFF-TOPIC -automatic spam reports
On Fri, 29 May 1998, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 10:59:11 (-0400), Dave C. wrote: ]

> > My idea is so that cluefull people, can individuall look at the headers
> > of the spam they receive, and submit reports in a standardized,
> > parseable form,
>
> If the recipients of the complaints are not clue-full about how to read
> all the headers, then how can we ever hope to expect that the
> complainants will be?

The idea behind it is not making clueless people smart.

But there are many CLUEFUL admins (I count myself as one) sending in
reports and those reports got severely delayed or dropped because the high
load their processing requires at the abuse@ address.

The standard report form could help the receiver to automatically parse
the received reports thus reacting faster. Clueless standard report forms
will be just as clueless as their nonstandard counterparts. (I want to
comment here that everyone should check ricochet
http://vipul.net/pub/ricochet/ which helps those clueless ones.)

> The percentage of spam recipients who have enought "Real Intelligence"
> to parse their own e-mail headers and deduce excatly what's going on is
> so miniscule

In my world internet providers are helping out spammed users. Maybe I live
in stone ages. :) And most of the ISPs out here do have a clue. (At least
they're measured in percentage and not PPM.)

bye,