Re: [EXIM] Retry times with duff MX records

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Horne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Retry times with duff MX records
On Thu, 28 May 1998, John Horne wrote:

> However. checking the DNS we saw that 'csuf11.plymouth.ac.uk' is a CNAME for
> 'csuf11.computing-service.plymouth.ac.uk' - no problem with that. We also saw
> that 'csuf11.computing-service.plymouth.ac.uk' had 2 MX records associated
> with it:
> 8 csuf11.csd.plymouth.ac.uk
> 13 plymouth.ac.uk

When I try to check this out, I see

xoanon$ exim -bt x@???
x@???
  deliver to x@???
  router = lookuphost, transport = smtp
  host csuf11.csd.plymouth.ac.uk [unknown]      MX=8 ** unusable **
  host plymouth.ac.uk            [141.163.2.62] MX=13

I've just pored over the code to see what it should do if run on
141.163.2.62, and it looks as though it should generate the error "all
relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts". However, clearly it
doesn't. Please could you try running

exim -d10 -bt x@???

on the mailhost machine, and send me the resulting output. This might
give me a clue as to why it is giving the wrong error message.

P.Hazel@???          New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
ph10@??? (sic)       England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714