Re: [EXIM] Retry times with duff MX records

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
A: John Horne
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Retry times with duff MX records

On Thu, 28 May 1998, John Horne wrote:
> We had a problem yesterday which took some time to sort out. Running exim
> 1.92, we had mail building up for the server 'csuf11.plymouth.ac.uk'. Exim
> reported 'Retry time not reached for any host'. Now as far as we could tell
> all was well with exim and the server (csuf11). Trying to force the messages
> to be delivered, via eximon, and 'exim -Rf', produced the same message.

Did it report 'Retry time not reached for any host' for *all* the
messages, or all but the first ? Could it have done '-R' instead of
'-Rf' ?

> It was
> confusing since we spent time checking out the retry time database, before
> looking further at the actual address and the DNS entries.

That comes with experience; I've found that the retry database is unlikely
to cause problems.

> Should we not have
> been able to 'force' the messages through and exim then show an error
> relating to the DNS entry - unknown domain, that sort of thing?

I use 'exim -M <message id>' to force a retry on stuck mail.

Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna