Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Exim Users Mailing List
A: Exim Users Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature
[ On Tue, May 26, 1998 at 19:21:43 (GMT), Marc Haber wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature
>
> Remembering from the outburst of users when the German mail forwarder
> gmx announced they probably will introduce smtp-after-pop, I believe
> that at least Outlook Express cannot be configured to receive before
> sending.

Yeah, I'm blissfully ignorant of almost all mail clients that do not run
on UNIX, and I want to keep it that way. The latest experience I've had
with this scheme of SMTP-after-POP was with a site that primarily
provides free web pages, and they very very very strongly recommend
their users use Netscape. It seems that all/most of their users who
also want to use the free e-mail service also use Netscape for reading
e-mail.

I didn't mean to dash anyone's hopes about using a separate
authentication client either, but again in my experience this is
unlikely to be a "win-win" situation unless this client is also what's
used primarily to manage the user's dial-up connection (i.e. modem).

The "rules" are, of course, far more flexible for those of us running
"real" operating systems! ;-)

--
                            Greg A. Woods

+1 416 443-1734      VE3TCP      <gwoods@???>      <robohack!woods>