[EXIM] Followup: nelson@linux.crynwr.com now works much bett…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Piete Brooks
A: exim-users
Cc: nelson
Asunto: [EXIM] Followup: nelson@linux.crynwr.com now works much better ....
As there have been several messages on this list relating to the RBL test
address `nelson@???', and as he's not on the (closed) exim list,
I thought I'd forward his update message.
He's fixed bugs, and changed it to "reply" rather than always sending to
`postmaster' -- now a useful tool !
Piete Brooks writes:
> Although it is not of any use in this particular case (as Jay correctly
> allows anyone to contact postmaster), other sites may care to use this:

With some help from Piete, I've made the following changes:
  o rejected connections didn't generate an error message (the user
    simply received an empty message).
  o I was mis-parsing addresses from hosts which implement ident (the
    user simply received an empty message).
  o Put a subject on the message.  Everyone should bow slightly in
    Piete's direction.
  o Now sends the mail to your envelope sender address.

Send mail to nelson@??? from the server whose RBL block
you are testing. Expect one reply from ns.crynwr.com with the SMTP
conversation. If you get another reply from linux.crynwr.com, your
RBL filter is broken.

--
-russ <nelson@???> http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson
Crynwr supports Open Source(tm) Software| PGPok | Freedom is the primary