Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Bruce Bowler
Para: Philip Hazel
CC: Nigel Metheringham, exim-users, Julian
Assunto: Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature
At 07:54 PM 5/26/98 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
>I have noted the suggestion of an external program to be run, but the Wish

List
>is very long, and continues to grow much faster than I can service it.

At the risk of poking a stick into a hornets nest, maybe "we the users"
could help, at least by prioritizing the wish list. I'm not quite sure
what the best way to do that would be but one way might be to add something
to the exim web page which is some sort of 'voting' system where we could
cast either a simple "Yes that's important to me/nope, don't care if that
ever gets done" type of vote or some sort of priority vote where we can
cast votes like

"vitally important. If exim doesn't have it soon, I'll use XYZ instead" or
"yeah, that'd be nice" or
"couldn't care less" or
"If you implement that, I'll be forced to switch to XYZ mailer"

I realize it's a lot of work to implement something like that and it'd be
possible for someone to, as they do in Chicago, "vote early and vote
often". But it's a thought on how we might help you in deciding what's
really important for the future of exim (not that you don't have your own
views :-).

Bruce
PS - I'm NOT volunteering to do any of the above, I don't have the time
either :-)

Bruce Bowler, Research Associate                  207.633.9600 (voice)
Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences             207.633.9641 (fax)
PO Box 475                                        BBowler@??? (email)
West Boothbay Harbor ME  04575                    http://www.bigelow.org/