Re: [EXIM] rewriting only for specific recipients; and hostn…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Paul Slootman
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] rewriting only for specific recipients; and hostname question
On Tue 26 May, Paul Slootman wrote:

> seem to allow ${if ..} etc. Specifically, the following fails:
>
> .*@wau.mis.ah.nl       ${if match {$header_to} {@.*.ah.nl$} {$1@???} {$
> 1@???} } EFf

> The complaint is:
>       unknown rewrite flag character (m) in line 342
> which I've narrowed down to being the first 'm' in "match"...

> Any suggestions?

Stick the replacement text in double quotes.

> Another thing, while I have your attention: the welcome banner:
>
> 220 janux.wau.mis.ah.nl ESMTP Exim 1.92 #1 Tue, 26 May 1998 18:05:58 +0200
>
> The hostname shown there is always the hostname corresponding to the IP
> address on the primary interface; it should be the hostname that is
> found by doing a gethostbyaddr() with the address on which the
> connection is made. I found that exim will reject mail to the hostname
> that corresponds to the other interface, even when that is the interface
> on which the connection is made! I got bitten by this at home where I
> have a 192.168. local ether network with a fantasy hostname, and a
> dialup PPP connection to the internet with a fixed IP address and
> hostname. I fixed this by putting my PPP hostname as primary_hostname
> into the configuration file.

I'm afraid Exim can't come to grips with hosts that have more than one primary
name. The banner is an expansion string, but $primary_hostname (which is
includes) is a fixed value.

I think the problem you had could have been solved by setting up more than one
domain in local_domains, couldn't it? The controls on mail do not use
primary_host name; they use local_domains, but if you don't set local_domains,
then it copies primary_hostname as a single local domain.

P.Hazel@???          England. Phone: +44 1223 334714