著者: Julian
To: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Request for a new feature

> pop +smtp ?

Has inherent problems. Scenario:

mailclient has 3 messages to send.
It connects, checks pop, sends 1 message, the link dies.
It re-connects, send the other 2 messages.

The first message gets through the other doesn't. Some mail
clients may ALWAYS check pop before sending, some may check afterwards
I can't predict the behaviour. But I can insist that our customers
run a certain daemon on their machine if they want to send email.

I may even try and extend that to allow for pop collections without
passwords. But that is another matter entirely.

> --
> Alan Thew                                       alan.thew@???
> Computing Services,University of Liverpool      Fax: +44 151 794-4442

Julian
Unix Admin, Internet Vision