[EXIM] RBL

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Jay Denebeim, Todd Lattimer
CC: exim-users
Tópicos Novos: Re: [EXIM] RBL: email nelson@linux.crynwr.com to test.
Assunto: [EXIM] RBL
On Mon, 25 May 1998, Jay Denebeim wrote:

> I've been trying to get the RBL code to work here, so far no luck. My
> configuration is:
>
> rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com
> recipients_reject_except = postmaster@???
> rbl_reject_recipients=true
>
> in the main configuration settings.
>
> As far as I can tell, this does nothing. I'm running 1.82.

How do you know it does nothing? Have you received any messages from
sites that are in the RBL list? If no site that is blocked has tried to
send mail to you, then indeed you will observe nothing.

New in Exim 1.90 is the -bh option, which allows you to run a testing
SMTP session as if from a given address. This makes it easier to test
this kind of thing. Of course, you need to know a blocked IP address
with which to test.

On Tue, 26 May 1998, Todd Lattimer wrote:

> I have been having a bit of a play with rbl and trying to get it to run on
> with exim.
> So far i have had no success and was wondering if anybody has or is
> successfully using it?
> If so, are there any FAQ's, how to's or lists that i can goto to see where
> i might be going wrong?

Just setting

rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com

should turn it on. The best way of checking is to use the -bh option
which exists from Exim 1.90 onwards.