Re: [EXIM] problem with MIME attachments

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: comms
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] problem with MIME attachments
On Fri, 22 May 1998, comms wrote:

> We are running exim 1.82. We have a number of local users defined on this
> mail server.
>
> Our ISP is running exim 1.62. We have some dial-up accounts whose mail is
> held on this mail server.
>
> If a user on our mail server sends an e-mail with a MIME attachment to
> another local user, the attachment is delivered as a separate file from the
> e-mail message.
>
> If someone outside the organisation sends an e-mail with a MIME attachment
> to one of our dial-up accounts held on our ISP's mail server, everything
> works fine.
>
> However, if an e-mail with a MIME attachment is sent via our ISP's mail
> server to one of our local accounts, the MIME attachment ends up embedded
> within the mail message (or spread across a number of indexed e-mails).
>
> I have tried different client software but this makes no difference.
>
> I have traced e-mails as they were delivered to our mail server but the only
> difference I can see between those originating from local users and those
> that came through our ISP is that the X-Sender header has '(Unverified)'
> appended to it. I'm not sure if this is relevant or not.
>
> Is there a parameter in exim that I need to set or is there something else
> that b*ggers things up?

Exim pays no attention whatsoever to MIME, which as far as it is
concerned is just part of the message's content. It sounds as though
something is tampering with the MIME headers or separators, but I am not
a MIME expert. Suggest you compare a "good" with a "bad" message very
carefully indeed!