著者: comms
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] problem with MIME attachments
We are running exim 1.82. We have a number of local users defined on this
mail server.

Our ISP is running exim 1.62. We have some dial-up accounts whose mail is
held on this mail server.

If a user on our mail server sends an e-mail with a MIME attachment to
another local user, the attachment is delivered as a separate file from the
e-mail message.

If someone outside the organisation sends an e-mail with a MIME attachment
to one of our dial-up accounts held on our ISP's mail server, everything
works fine.

However, if an e-mail with a MIME attachment is sent via our ISP's mail
server to one of our local accounts, the MIME attachment ends up embedded
within the mail message (or spread across a number of indexed e-mails).

I have tried different client software but this makes no difference.

I have traced e-mails as they were delivered to our mail server but the only
difference I can see between those originating from local users and those
that came through our ISP is that the X-Sender header has '(Unverified)'
appended to it. I'm not sure if this is relevant or not.

Is there a parameter in exim that I need to set or is there something else
that b*ggers things up?