Re: [EXIM] Exim seg faulting and messages not bouncing...

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave Rynne
CC: exim-users, dave
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] Exim seg faulting and messages not bouncing...
On Tue, 5 May 1998, Dave Rynne wrote:

> Am having a problem with Exim seg faulting here. One of our main relays
> has some messages stuck in the queue for over two months now and crashes
> every time trying to deliver them.

Which version of Exim? Which OS?

> probably because the delivery crashes out before anything gets written
> to retry.db.

There were problems with corruption of retry.db in the past, though I
thought those had been fixed. You could try

(a) running exim_dumpdb on the retry database to see if it can read it
    successfully

(b) removing the retry database to see if that fixes the problem.