Re: [EXIM] Exim seg faulting and messages not bouncing...

Autor: Dave Rynne
A: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users, dave
Assumpte: Re: [EXIM] Exim seg faulting and messages not bouncing...
) On Tue, 5 May 1998, Dave Rynne wrote:
)
) > Am having a problem with Exim seg faulting here. One of our main relays
) > has some messages stuck in the queue for over two months now and crashes
) > every time trying to deliver them.
)
) Which version of Exim? Which OS?

Sorry - is a linux x86 box (2.0.33). Just upgraded to exim 1.92 but I saw
this with 1.90 & 1.89x and possibly back to 1.82.

)
) > probably because the delivery crashes out before anything gets written
) > to retry.db.
)
) There were problems with corruption of retry.db in the past, though I
) thought those had been fixed. You could try
)
) (a) running exim_dumpdb on the retry database to see if it can read it
)     successfully

Tried - no joy! (only with 1.92)

)
) (b) removing the retry database to see if that fixes the problem.
)

Ditto.

) --
) Philip Hazel                   University Computing Service,
) ph10@???             New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QG,
) P.Hazel@???          England.  Phone: +44 1223 334714
)
)