著者: exim-exploder
To: exim-users
題目: [EXIM] Mail Hub Question

Dear All,

We have a small problem with our set up and I am not too sure
as how to fix this.

On our mail hub (for the domain maths.bath.ac.uk running exim 1.82 - not
really relevant) I have the following transport for smtp

smtp:
    driver = smtp;
    batch_max = 1;
    fallback_hosts = mail-relay.bath.ac.uk
end

The situation arises with mail that is `within' our domain
maths.bath.ac.uk but has been worked out as should be routed to
a machine within maths.bath.ac.uk. The problem occurs when the machine it
should talk to is not accepting mail at the moment. So, following
the transport above it sends the mail to the fallback_host.
I would rather that it would not send this upstream, but keep them until the
machine comes back to life.

However, I do want it to have the ability to send mail to the mail relay,
when it is not in our domain.

I have looked at the manuals, and am not 100% sure how I should do this;
anyone care to enlighten me?

Thanks,

Andrew.