Re: [EXIM] Strange /usr/bin/mail and Return-path: behavior.

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Rob Browning
To: Ben Smithurst
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Strange /usr/bin/mail and Return-path: behavior.
Ben Smithurst <ben@???> writes:

> It is not a problem with Exim; fetchmail interprets a null return-path as an
> unqualified address, and adds the domain, which it shouldn't.

It looks like newer versions of fetchmail address this problem (I know
at least 4.4.3 claims a fix). Unfortunately, although the transfer
gets further, it dies later in the process with a somewhat more
mysterious message. My guess is that it's fetchmail having the
problem, but here's the relevant bit of the fetchmail log:

reading message 1 of 1 (512 header bytes)
fetchmail: forwarding to (null)
MAIL FROM:<Mailer-Daemon@???>
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<Mailer-Daemon@???>
MAIL FROM:<stray>
fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<stray>
fetchmail: SMTP error:
fetchmail: IMAP> A0007 LOGOUT
fetchmail: IMAP< )
fetchmail: IMAP< A0006 OK FETCH completed
fetchmail: IMAP< * BYE raven.localhost IMAP4 server terminating connection
fetchmail: IMAP< A0007 OK LOGOUT completed
fetchmail: SMTP transaction error while fetching from localhost
QUIT
fetchmail: SMTP> QUIT
fetchmail: normal termination, status 10

I know that exim's not mad about the "MAIL FROM:<stray>" command. I
checked, so I'm not sure what's going on:

$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 raven.localhost ESMTP Exim 1.90 #1 Tue, 28 Apr 1998 19:06:36 -0500
MAIL FROM:<stray>
250 <stray> is syntactically correct
421 raven.localhost: SMTP command timeout - closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.
$

Thanks to everyone for the help so far...

--
Rob Browning <rlb@???>
PGP fingerprint = E8 0E 0D 04 F5 21 A0 94 53 2B 97 F5 D6 4E 39 30