Re: [EXIM] Strange /usr/bin/mail and Return-path: behavior.

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Ben Smithurst
To: Rob Browning
CC: exim-users
題目: Re: [EXIM] Strange /usr/bin/mail and Return-path: behavior.
On 28 Apr 1998, Rob Browning wrote:

> reading message 1 of 1 (512 header bytes) fetchmail: SMTP error: 501 <@localhost> : colon expected after route

[...]
> In any case, I was a little surprised exim couldn't handle its own
> bounce messages (when handed back to it through fetchmail).

It is not a problem with Exim; fetchmail interprets a null return-path as an
unqualified address, and adds the domain, which it shouldn't.

> Is this expected behavior, and is there a good solution?

Not that I found; the only solution I found was to add `no rewrite' to
.fetchmailrc; the problem with this is that fetchmail creates the MAIL FROM
command when passing the message to Exim using the From: header, rather than
Return-path.

Cheers,

--
Ben Smithurst ben@??? http://www.scientia.demon.co.uk/