Re: [EXIM] DNS

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Slootman
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DNS
Sorry to regurgitate this old thread again:

On Fri 17 Apr 1998, exim-users@??? wrote:
> Technically us breaking RFC is not that much of a "bad thing", we are in
> effect the _MTA_ for our customers as alot of them use us for
> smarthosting (we wrap the rest of the world out). Therefore seeing as we
> are the ones that talk to the rest of the world we do send fqdn'ed
> ehlo's, it's really that much of an issue.
>
> This however this still doesn't mean that Microsoft are right and we are
> doing "the right thing".

How about adding a prominent header line that states that the
originating MUA is defective, and that your MTA is doing its best to
cope, but you don't take the blame for any problems; something like
that. It would be nice if you could insert the name of the specific MUA
in there (Eudora, Outlook, ...)

This way they (the users of such MUA's) might begin to realize that they
are using non-compliant software, and they might complain to their
vendor...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@??? | work: paul@???