Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Peter Radcliffe
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] question about verification of email addresses
Brad Mohning <bradm@???> probably said:
> > well, it means someone can expand mail addresses, and fundamentally get
> > information about real users... like finger. they can they try and crack
> > logins.
> And let us not forget about unscrupulous corporate recruiters who would
> love to have a competitor's list of employees to start recruiting from.

Or generating mailing lists to spam to.

Personally I don't allow finger, EXPN or VFRY on my servers - yes
some usernames chan be found out by other means but that doesn't mean I
want people to be able to find out others for security and other reasons.

This thread is very much personal opinion, however, and not really
on topic, since exim allows us to do either.

P.

--
pir               pir@???      pir@???      pir@???