Re: [EXIM] DBMLIB

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Francisco Ruiz
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] DBMLIB
Rolando Riley (Industrial) escribió:

> I downloaded Exim 1.90 and also the Berkeley 1.85 databases:
>
> I have simple question that I couldn't handle with the EDITME and README
> files:
>
> 1. How many files have to be local?  (please correct me if I did wrong)
>    I put three files, but I wasn't sure of them.
>      a) Makefile: which is the one created overriden the EDITME on /src
>      b) Makefile-Linux: Which is my OS (slackware 3.4) and made this one
> overiden the values set on the *Makefile-Linux.
>         To do so I used Makefile-Default, copy the values of
> /0S/Makefile-Linux into the Makefile-Default and renamed with the name
> Makefile-Linux.

No, just copy the OS/Makefile-Linux in Local/Makefile-Linux, forget
OS/Makefile-Default.

>      c) eximon.conf: which is the file to config the the exim Monitor.

I suppose it's a copy of exim_monitor/EDITME, that is, copy
exim_monitor/EDITME into Local/eximon.conf. If your display resolution it's
less than 1024x768, I recomend you to change the LOG_DEPTH, LOG_WIDTH,
QUEUE_DEPTH and QUEUE_WIDTH default values.

>         I AM URGE TO KNOW IF WHAT I DID IS WHAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAID.

> 2.  Makefile-Linux brings this value for the DBMLIB:
>                DBMLIB = -lndbm
>     Is this the value I have to use with DB 1.85 .  When I ran make
> command I saw an error related to this value.
>     I also made
>                USE_DB = yes
>     I supposed that this value could solve the problem but I couldn't run
> the make command again.

Add the line USE_DB = yes to your Local/Makefile-Linux and in this file
change the line DBMLIB = -ldb in order to use the DB library.

>         These are simple question, but I got a little lost on the README
> file.

>                                         Regards,
>                                         Rolando Riley

Good luck.