Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 release

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sven Paulus
A: Gyan Mathur, Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 release
On 02.04., Gyan Mathur wrote:
> > If a FreeBSD "port" was written for 1.73 it might be assuming things
> > that have changed in later versions of Exim, and I'm just wondering if
> > this might lead to muddle and confusion.
> All it does is to configure and compile it (that's configure in the
> sense of pre-compilation configuration, setting the right compiler and
> the right paths and so on), as far as I can see.

No, ports _might_ also do some patches to the source distribution, so these
would break if the source archive gets changed.

But there is another point why getting the latest version via a symlink
doesn't work: FreeBSD's scripts check the downloaded archive against a MD5
sum stored in the ports collection and refuse to compile if there is a
mismatch (this is to avoid broken/aborted downloads etc.).

Sven
--
--Sven-Paulus----------28-48-32--3-----ub6v@???------