Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 release

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Gyan Mathur
A: exim-users, Gyan Mathur
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 release

(sorry, re-sending this to the list as it bounced the first time -- I
was behind an exploder but have now subscribed in my own right --
Philip will have had a private copy but I'd welcome any comments.)

> I have just placed the 1.90 release in
>
> ftp://ftp.cus.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/programs/exim/exim-1.90.tar.gz

A small point: would it be possible to link the latest version to
exim-latest.tar.gz or similar? My reason for suggesting this is to do
with the FreeBSD ports collection. A recently-installed FreeBSD
machine here had got exim as one of its "ports"; the makefile went to
the correct FTP site but then tried to fetch the 1.73 version! Now of
course I know where to get the current file and what to do with it,
but the FreeBSD ports are meant to make life easier and if the latest
(or current stable?) version was always in the same place then this
would be useful. (For those who don't know, the FreeBSD "ports" are
essentially makefiles, for optional software, that collect the
software by FTP and then build it with sensible options for FreeBSD.)

Just a thought.

Gyan.