Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 AIX Compilation Problems

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Ephraim Silverberg
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] Exim 1.90 AIX Compilation Problems
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Ephraim Silverberg wrote:

> Yes, it now recognises AIX:
>
> but now I get:
>
> ../scripts/Configure-config.h
> make: illegal option -- w
> usage: make [-eiknqrst] [-k|-S] [-d[A|adg[1|2]msv]] [-D variable] [-f makefile ] [variable=value ...] [target ...]
> gmake[1]: *** [config.h] Error 1

Weird. The script ../scripts/Configure-config.h contains just one
reference to make, namely:

make buildconfig || exit 1

I can't see any attempt at setting a "w" option. Maybe something has got
screwed up in the makefile itself.

I think there are very few AIX users of Exim, and I don't have access to
any AIX systems, so I'm afraid I can't help debug this very easily.
Perhaps if you turn on some debugging options in "make", i.e. change the
script to contain

make -d buildconfig || exit 1

it might give some more clues.