Re: [EXIM] HELP!!! Eeeeeek... can't compile exim on RedHat 5…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Mark Baker, Kevin P. Fleming
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] HELP!!! Eeeeeek... can't compile exim on RedHat 5.0 :-(((
On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Mark Baker wrote:

> Philip, could we have -lresolv and -lnsl included in the linux configuration
> by default? The number of people using redhat 5 is quite large, and likely
> to increase, and debian 2 will be released soon (using the same libraries).
> Perhaps a note could be added to the readme, or to Makefile-Linux or both,
> saying that people with older linux distributions need to remove them.

That could be done, but...

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> It would be better if there were different Makefiles for libc-5 and
> glibc-2 Linux, rather than telling old version users they have to modify
> the Makefiles... I've got RedHat 4.2 on my primary firewall/mail
> machine, and I'm not keen on upgrading for quite a while, especially
> with all the patches that have been released for RH5.0/glibc-2.0
> already. Is is possible for Exim's configure script to tell the
> difference between a libc5 and a libc6/glibc2 system automagically?

As I am not a Linux person, I cannot answer the last question. If some
Linux guru out there can give me a prescription for detecting this
difference, then it would be straightforward to arrange for there to be
a different set of building files. Does "uname -r" do something like
this on Linux? If so, please could somebody send me the output it
produces on the different types of Linux system?