Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Dave C.
A: Sean Witham
Cc: Philip Hazel, Chris Faehl, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Manpages for Exim ?

Um.. Perhaps I'm missing something.. I have no printed copy of the exim
manual.. I have the ascii text file, and I reference it regularly with
no more difficulty than one might reference a man page...

Eg, if you could telnet somewhere and type "man exim", you could just
as easily telnet there and type "more /usr/src/exim-x.xx/doc/spec.txt"
(I personally use 'less' myself since it scrolls up and down but you
could use whatever text pager you liked..)

Is there some reason online documentation has to be in manpage format?
Now, I'm not opposed to it being so, I'm just curious why you are
assuming "the exim manual" is on paper only?

David J. Chiodo \ Microwave Systems  \ Campbell Network Systems
 <djc@???> <davec@???>  \ 820 Monroe NW Ste 411
  Domain Administrator <dns@???>   \ Grand Rapids  MI 49503
   Customer Support <support@???>   \ 616-774-3131 <info@???>
Fax 616-774-3933    Tollfree 1-888-694-INET    http://www.cns.net