Re: [EXIM] dnews error calling sendmail shows up with exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Slootman
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] dnews error calling sendmail shows up with exim
On Wed 25 Mar 1998, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > I'd sent a lot more than this in my message, but the example I'd pasted
> > had a dot in the first column; I guess some MTA somewhere interpreted that
> > as EOD. Ouch.
>
> I did get your whole message (even the bit after the . in column 1). What

Ah, so it's incoming mail that gets clobbered here. Hmmm. Unfortunately
I'm not the sysadmin here, or I'd put exim on the gateway :-)

> But we are also (and particularly) interested in
>
> sendmail -t addr1
> To: addr1,addr2
>
> So, my test was complementary to yours, in that I testing something a bit
> different.

OK, I see. I can confirm that the sendmail 8.8.8 here on NetBSD also
does not remove addr1 in such a situation. Neither does sendmail 8.6.10
on solaris 2.5.1 x86 either, BTW.

The manpage on NetBSD states:

     -t          Read message for recipients.  To:, Cc:, and Bcc: lines will
                 be scanned for recipient addresses.  The Bcc: line will be
                 deleted before transmission.  Any addresses in the argument
                 list will be suppressed, that is, they will not receive
                 copies even if listed in the message header.

There seems to be a bug somewhere...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@??? | work: paul@???