Re: [EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: jhenders
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*
On Mon, Mar 23/98, Nigel Metheringham <Nigel.Metheringham@???> wrote:

> No, you are solving the same sort of problem in an entirely different way.
> James has a single file with lots of domains aliases in it, using the
> @domain to distinguish them. You have one file per domain:-
>
> } file = /opt/exim/etc/incoming/$domain.map,
>
> which gives the same overall effect but means you have n files to maintain.

I find that this method of dealing with virtual domains is much more
efficient for maintenance than one big file anyway. You can even extend
it and hook it up to a web page management system with password
protection and let the customers manage their aliases themselves instead
of bothering your support people.

We have 1569 virtual domains on one machine that handles between
12,000-20,000 messages a day, and it's actually a real waste of a
Sparc 20, a Sparc 5 could probably do the same job. It does no local
mail delivery though, just forwards the mail to real domains elsewhere.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.