Re: [EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: James FitzGibbon
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] include_domain combined with dbm*
On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> I guess it will need to be rewritten so that the aliasfile.c call is done
> twice (ie the wildcarding is done by the alias handler rather than relying

Well, your smartuser solution is working just fine for now. I'm not sure
if it's any less efficient, but coming from sendmail, I hardly think I'll
notice.

> No, you are solving the same sort of problem in an entirely different way.
> James has a single file with lots of domains aliases in it, using the
> @domain to distinguish them. You have one file per domain:-
>
> } file = /opt/exim/etc/incoming/$domain.map,
>
> which gives the same overall effect but means you have n files to maintain.

Right. I have more than 800 domains to handle, so I'd rather not have to
generate 800 separate .db files. My plan is to keep all of them
separately in CVS, then have a postprocessor compile all of them up into
one big .db file, tacking on the name of the file to the LHS as it does
so.

Thanks for the confirmation.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                                james@???
System Engineer, ACC TelEnterprises               Voice/Fax (416)207-7171/7123

"...much of today's software is comprised of mostly 'D' and very little 'R'"
                                                              -- Alan Cooper