RE: [EXIM] interesting effect using rewriting?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: John Horne
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: RE: [EXIM] interesting effect using rewriting?
On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, John Horne wrote:
> I might be getting this all wrong, but 'something.net' is local to you (i.e.
> in 'local_domains'), so wouldn't exim, as its verification with
> 'sender_verify', run through the directors trying to find out who 'fred' was?

ah, yes, this accounts for the second error... I assumed that the rewriting
would be done immediately, which would mean Exim would forward it off-host

> And, thus reporting it as an unknown user (assuming you have no such
> user-id/e-mail address registered). If you did exactly the same test but used
> a valid id i'd bet it would work.

the machine has no valid users on it!

> John.

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
...looking for SignatureNG++, as SignatureClassic was getting boring