[EXIM] interesting effect using rewriting?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Paul Mansfield
A: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: [EXIM] interesting effect using rewriting?

I have sender_verify on and sender_verify_fixup, and I have rewrite rules
in the configure file for

    *@something.net    $1@???

where the MX records for something.net point to the machine so that it will
forward the mail from fred@??? to fred@???

If I connect to the machine and say
    helo <whatever>
    mail from: fred@???
    rcpt to: <anybody>
    data
    . (end)

then it says
"451 rejected: temporarily unable to verify sender address (try again later)
<fred@???>"

I tried adding something.net into the local_domains to see if this would fix
the problem, and saw
"550 rejected: unknown local-part in sender <fred@???>"

Is this a bug, a feature, or have I missed something out to do this?

I know that the domain <something.net> is truly valid, and the primary
is authoritave, and that the exim host has a working resolver and
everything looks all fine and dandy.

If I remove "sender_verify" and "sender_verify_fixup" from the configure,
then the forwarding works.

JohnH, a contributor here saw my use of the rewrite rules to do aliasing,
which I admit it a bit of a kluge... I only two different types of rules like:
    *@fred.net    $1@???
    *@bert.net    al@???

so maybe this would solve my problem.

thanks!

Paul
----
...looking for SignatureNG++, as SignatureClassic was getting boring