Re: [EXIM] Wanted - best way of making relay_domains use an …

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Georg v.Zezschwitz
A: Paul Mansfield
Cc: Exim users mailing list
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Wanted - best way of making relay_domains use an external file
Hi Paul,

On Wed, Mar 18, 1998 at 01:00:11PM +0000, Paul Mansfield wrote:
> has anybody done this, assuming its possible, and what would the flat file
> look like before it's pumped through exim_dbmbuild, and what would the
> 'relay_domains' line look like.

I assume you have even more domains than we have (300-500?).

Our primary decision to use Exim was dued to that Philip included the
option "relay_domains_include_local_mx". This makes Exim relaying
everything that has an MX to your machine.

As spammers will not be able to set an MX for e.g. AOL to your
machine, they will not be able to relay to AOL via your machine.

However, some poor people might use your machine as MX-Fallback
without notifying you.

But the great advantage is, that you have a real auto-configuration
of the relay-domains. A lot of trouble occurs because people don't
manage to synchronize two different files - the zone-file and
the relay-domain files.

Greetings,

Georg