Re: [EXIM] What about setproctitle?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John Henders
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [EXIM] What about setproctitle?
On Mon, Mar 16/98, Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> I develop Exim on Solaris 2 and have no problem with exiwhat (but then I
> don't have /usr/ucb on my path). Note that exiwhat is to some extent
> configurable via the following compile-time options (shown with default
> values):
>
> EXIWHAT_PS_ARG=-e
> EXIWHAT_KILL_ARG=-USR1
> EXIWHAT_EGREP_ARG=' exim( |$$)'
>
> Perhaps I should make it even more configurable? Or maybe it is just
> easier for people to edit the script.

I don't know how common it is for people to run exim as a symlink to
sendmail rather than just renaming the binary. At least on our Solaris
machines, /usr/bin/ps won't show exim as sendmail if it's run this way,
though /usr/ucb/ps will. I would suggest shell scripts that want
specific binaries where the system has multiple versions should either
have a PATH defined or the absolute path to each program called, but
that's because I always tend to have gnu and other local versions of
binaries first in my path, to work around things like Solaris's broken
mv command. Maybe just adding EXIWHAT_PS_COMMAND=/usr/bin/ps would be
sufficient, with a not somewhere that this will fail if
/usr/lib/sendmail is a symlink to bin/exim.

--
  Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity.