Re: [EXIM] What about setproctitle?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: John Henders
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] What about setproctitle?
On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, John Henders wrote:

> I also found several problems on Solaris. First, if you have /usr/ucb
> first in your path you get the wrong ps. Second, at least the way I run
> exim as sendmail, via a symlink from /usr/lib/sendmail to exim/bin/exim,
> ps -e shows exim, not sendmail.
>
> I found that substituting this line in exiwhat worked the way I needed
> it to.
>

> /usr/ucb/ps -ax| grep sendmai[l] | cut -c1-7 | xargs kill -USR1

I develop Exim on Solaris 2 and have no problem with exiwhat (but then I
don't have /usr/ucb on my path). Note that exiwhat is to some extent
configurable via the following compile-time options (shown with default
values):

EXIWHAT_PS_ARG=-e
EXIWHAT_KILL_ARG=-USR1
EXIWHAT_EGREP_ARG=' exim( |$$)'

Perhaps I should make it even more configurable? Or maybe it is just
easier for people to edit the script.