Re: [EXIM] What about setproctitle?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Georg v.Zezschwitz
A: Philip Hazel
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] What about setproctitle?
On Fri, Mar 13, 1998 at 03:25:34PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Mar 1998, Georg v.Zezschwitz wrote:
>
> > What about using setproctitle in Exim 1.far.future ?
>
> When (in the far future) it's available in all the Unices Exim supports,
> then maybe I'll consider it. (I don't see it on Solaris or Linux, for a
> start.)

nnrpd from the INN-news-server packages supports it pretty
well.

On Linux or Solaris it uses a rather ugly approach
that you might find in nnrpd.c from the INN-package:

It determines the number of bytes that are allocated from
argv [0] to argv [argc-1]+strlen(argv[argc-1]).

This area is "brutally" overwritten with the new title,
and this works fine.

> Meanwhile, what's wrong with using exiwhat?

Silly who think they know Exim have to be pointed to that
by the author.
If a "ps" would be sufficient, they would have already discovered
by themselve. :-)

Georg