Re: [EXIM] Anti-Spam Setup??

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Lee McLoughlin
Cc: exim
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Anti-Spam Setup??
Very quick summary...

We basically depend on the reject rules to lose spam. We do not block
particular hosts (other than for short periods in particular circumstances
- and those have either been misconfigured US box throwing gigabytes of
mail at us, or a customer of ours who sent a mass-mailing after a warning
and so I blocked their complete network). I also don't like forcing an
extra reverse DNS lookup per incoming connections.

I have an @@ format file - ie aol.com : ^\d{8}$:nextaddr
However I make a fair bit of use of the >tag syntax to apply a set of
basic rules to almost everybody. I do db lookups for everything as a
matter of policy... it would be interesting to see if that ends up costing
me more for some things....

We use the RBL for warnings.

We have a set of filter rules which pick up on number of recipients (one
rule for most people, another for the null sender with a lower limit),
however there is also an exceptions list for people we know legitmately
send large messages. We also pick up on a few message header magics for
spam detection. The filter *never* drops anything. If it triggers it
freezes the messages and someone has to deal with it.

Obviously different sites have different working practices and
requirements....

    Nigel.
    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel.Metheringham@???   -  Systems Software Engineer ]
[ Tel : +44 113 251 6012                   Fax : +44 113 234 6065 ]