[EXIM] System wide aliasing on relay host?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: F. Jacot Guillarmod
A: exim-users
Asunto: [EXIM] System wide aliasing on relay host?
A stupid query, perhaps, but I've looked through the exim documentation
and archived mailing list and nothing springs readily to light.
The solution to a similar problem, appended below, while looking as if it
might work, happens in the wrong place - I need things to happen at the
"routers" level and not the "directors" level of exim.

Specifically, is there a method for setting up a global alias file
for mail passing through a relay, as opposed to mail undergoing final
delivery to users on a system? I'd like to intercept mail destined for
defunct logons on possibly defunct machines and forward that mail to a
new address. It isn't always convenient or easy to set up aliases or
forwards on the target machines themselves, which are often maintained
by less than enthusiastic or knowledgeable administrators.

Ideally, it'd be nice to maintain a list something like:

dead or wrong destination address        new forwarding address
---------------------------------        -----------------------
deadlogin@???:            j.bloggs@???
published.wrong.login@???:    proper.login@???
poor.academic@???:            greener@???
student.who.subscribed.to.list.then.buggered.off@???:    :blackhole:

where the system(s) doing all of this checking isn't(aren't) neccessarily
responsible for final delivery, and mustn't otherwise interfere with mail
destined to the faithful/careful masses who are still users in good
standing on the target systems.

Hints or advice on where to look in the docs gratefully accepted.

Many thanks,
Jacot
--
F.F. Jacot Guillarmod - Information Technology - Rhodes University - Grahamstown
    Internet: Jacot@???  Phone: +27 46 303 8284  Fax: +27 46 622 7764

Appended near miss: