Re: [EXIM] Using Majordomo digests and Exim 1.82

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: Patrick Boutilier
Cc: Majordomo Users List, Exim List
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Using Majordomo digests and Exim 1.82
[I'm cc'ing my response to the majordomo users list. The original was
posted on the exim users list]

On Mon, 2 Mar 1998, Patrick Boutilier wrote:

> I ran into a problem using the digest program that comes with Majordomo
> 1.94.4 and Exim 1.82. What was happening was everytime the digest
> program ran it spit out some text that Exim was interpreting as an error
> so it would bounce to the list owner. The digest stuff still did what it
> was suppossed to but everytime a message was sent to a digested list the
> owner would get a bounce.
>
> I solved this problem by editing the perl code for the following
> program:

Not necessary.

The pipe transport for exim has the options return_output and
return_fail_output. My reading of the manual suggests that you
should set

return_fail_output = yes
return_output = no

for the pipe transport that you use for majordomo related tools (or
maybe for all pipe transports).

This will set things so that messages to stdout or stderr from the
pipe will not be sent as an error if the process exits with a 0
error status.

> [MD changes omitted]

> Question: Has anybody else come accross this problem and if so what did
> you do to fix it? Just wondering if there was some Exim option that I
> could have used or changed. Thanks.

I first noticed exactly this behavior with mhonarc.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg                +44 (0)1234 750 111 x 2826
 Cranfield Computer Centre      FAX         751 814