Re: [EXIM] Discrepancy in definition of relay_domains_includ…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Georg v.Zezschwitz
A: Paul Mansfield
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [EXIM] Discrepancy in definition of relay_domains_include_local_mx
Hello Paul,

> In the main part of the specification, it says that
>     relay_domains_include_local_mx
> means Exim will act as an MX for any domain for which it is in that domains'
> MX records.

> However, in the 'Other policy controls on incoming mail' section, under
> subsection 'Control of relaying', it says Exim will only act as an MX
> if it is the final (lowest MX record) MX host for that domain.
>
> Can we make Exim act as an MX backup automagically detecting MX records?

Yes, you can.

We were the ones that begged Philip to include this feature, and
we got it in June or Jule '97, and we are using it since then
on both the main mail-server and the backup-MX and it works
fine.

Just to be warned: Make sure that Exim access the latest DNS-
information, (e.g. directly accesses your primary name server as
resolver, not the "public" resolver of your company.).

Greetings,

Georg